Inspired by the Starship Enterprise from the original series (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8100), I tried to make a printable version of the new Starship Enterprise NCC1701-D.
I found a model of the Enterprise on the google sketchup galery. As always it was hard work to come from the raw stl-export to a one-hull File.
After doing that, I cut it into 3 pieces. So I gave red PLA a try but realised soon that you need some really warp free filament to print the middle part.
A change to phosphorescent PLA and it was printable without support structures.
The final Enterprise was glued together with epoxy glue and is an excellent addition to my romulan warbird (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8789).
Feel free to cut it somewhere else to get it printable with a different filament.
...or try 2printbeta.de to get some...
read more about this on: ifeelbeta.de
Greetings from the lake of constance